Master Class on Nurturing Researcher-Pro Mindset in Self
The International Research Development Program aims to prepare postgraduate students, recent graduates, researchers, and faculty member for overcoming obstacles and challenges during their research journey. After completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Resolved Basic versus Applied Research Dilemma/Conflict.
• Systematically Explored Depth and Breadth of Research Domain.
• Rediscovered learnable salient features of a Researcher-Pro Mindset.
• Learned to Leverage on Simulation, Technology and Experience.
• Strengthened Independent, Collaborative, and Domain Specific Topical research.
• Infused Artistic features in Smart Research e-Posters and presentation slides.
• Identified key elements of a typical Research Articles and proposals
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Masters and Ph.D. students, Recent Graduates, Researchers, Faculty Members, and those interested in becoming a professional researcher for transforming their career.
• Institutes/colleges/universities can enhance their competitive advantage and brand image through collaboration with International Specialists through this I-PRDP.
HOW WILL THE PROGRAM BE CONDUCTED?
It will be held through zoom, spread over few weeks. 15 hours (6 x 2hrs + 1 x 3hrs)
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
• Basic versus Applied Research Dilemma
• Attributes of a Research-Pro Mindset
• Artist’s impression of a Research-Pro Mindset
• Crafting of Professional Research-Pro Persona
• Identify Core Research Domain of interest
• Set Smart Research Goals and Objectives
• Strategies for nurturing & strengthening Researcher-Pro mindset
Dr. Deepak L. Waikar
Managing Partner, EduEnergy, Singapore
Dr. Deepak L. Waikar has been involved in education, training, research, and management fields for more than three decades. He started his professional career as an Assistant Director at the National Power Engineers Training Institute in India after his post-graduation from the Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University in India. He has been associated with the premier institutions, polytechnics, colleges, and academies in India and Singapore as well as with British and Australian Universities offering courses in Singapore. He has authored/co-authored books, book chapters, research articles, and policy papers on power, energy, management, sustainable development, leadership, and education-related topics. He has served on various committees in professional bodies such as Chair of the Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Power & Energy Society (PES) Chapter, Singapore, and Chair of the IEEE Education Society Chapter Singapore. He is a recipient of the IEEE-PES Outstanding Power Engineers' Award 2003 and SP Green Buddy Award 2004. Dr. Waikar has been associated with Singapore Certified Energy Manager’s programme for more than a decade. He has also been an advisory committee member of the Indo-Universal Centre for Engineering Education (IUCEE). He has served as Editors and Reviewers for the conferences and journals.
He has also been invited as an external examiner for assessing Master and Doctoral Thesis.